2.22.2011

What is your damage?

I don't even know where to start with this one, there are so many things running through my mind. This is going to be a numbered post so that I can remember everything that I wanted to address. Blogging usually calls my name every time I try to do my homework! Not cool.

1) I quit smoking, finally, for good. I have been smoking since I was 16, that's a long damn time. What finally made me decide to quit was that I got sick last week and I could feel the cold getting worst and invading my chest. Sure enough, it turned into an asthma attack/fever that rendered me helpless all weekend. By the time I got home from work on Friday night, my temperature was 100.8 and I, of course, thought I was dying. I wasn't sleeping through the night because I was wheezing so much. My chest and my lungs were not happy. Then I started thinking about my health and all that good stuff. I want to be healthy and I want to be able to run at some point, not a marathon or anything but running around the block would be nice. I take my vitamins everyday and I do my little workouts every morning (MWF: abs and TuesThurs: legs). I drink a lot of water and try to eat healthy. That's a lie, I avoid salad and most vegetables because I don't like rabbit food. I'm more of a meat and potatoes kind of girl. Bottom line, I turn 24 this year so it's about time I make some damn changes.

2) Back in the day (middle school), I had a friend named Karim. We were really close, close to the point where we would spend hours on the phone with each other after school. I really liked him, I'm fairly certain that he was the first guy that I ever seriously liked. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said that I needed a little bit of time to think about it. Not more than 3 hours later I catch this fool making out with Alessandra in the Choral Room. Are you serious? Did you not just ask me to be your girlfriend? Go fuck yourself. I was pissed and then I decided that we could still be friends but whatever relationship we had ended there. I changed schools and we lost touch. Fast forward to our 20s, we ran into each other a few times and we actually went out to Georgetown and had a pretty nice time. Fast forward again to a month ago. I had been thinking about him a lot lately and I guess he felt it because he got my number through a mutual friend and texted me. We went out the next night and that's when he reminding about our night in Georgetown, the night that I had absolutely no recollection of. I have no idea why I didn't remember, I wasn't wasted and I was on drugs. The only logical explanation is that I blocked it out of my memory for some weird reason. When we were younger, he was the only person that knew me as well as my parents did; there seriously wasn't a thing that he didn't know about me. We're older now, we're in our 20s. There are things that I just won't tell him because there are none of his business. He just assumed that we could go right back to the way things were before because of how close we were. No, sorry that that's not happening. A lot of shit has happened in my life that I have no desire to share with him. We went to dinner and then we went back to his place. He's grown up to be slightly socially awkward, that's really no surprise because he spends way too much time playing computer games. He is a true gamer, I honestly think that he would much rather spend his time in front of his computer screen than out in the real world. We were sitting on the floor in his apartment talking and out of the blue, he asks me how many guys I had slept with. Excuse me? No, that's none of your fucking business. And then he had the nerve to get mad because I wouldn't tell him. We got over that situation and then he asked me what kinds of things I liked to do sexually. Excuse me? Again, not happening. Then I made a mistake...he kissed me and I kissed him back. And then it turned into a full blown makeout sesh. He was totally justified in thinking that I would then let him pork me. He straight up picked me up off the floor and carried me into his bedroom, without ever removing his lips from mine. I really had no idea that he was strong enough to do that. That's when things got super awkward. He pulled his shirt off and at the same time pulled a condom out with slickness that I never would have expected from a computer nerd. I froze and then I started laughing, not the right thing to do in that situation because he was really offended. I flat out told him that he was not sticking anything in me at all, ever. And then he told me that I was a huge bitch and that that situation was completely my fault. Sure, that's fine; I will take full blame for you being stupid enough to think that you could stick your dick in me. At that point, I grabbed my shoes and my scarf, apologized for the confusion and left.
He called the next day and asked if we could go out, I said no because I had homework. That wasn't a lie at all but that's how he took it; he got an attitude and told me to call him when I actually had time for him. A week went by with no phone call from me but that didn't stop him from calling/texting to see if I wanted to hang out. At this point, he was really stating to piss me off. He thought that I was completely blowing him off because I just didn't want to see him and then I was lying about it. That wasn't the case at all, I was legitimately busy all those times that I said that I couldn't hang out. We never really talked about the night we madeout because there was nothing to say about the situation. I did happen to see him out at a mutual friend's birthday gathering; he was such a dick that I just stopped talking to him. I went outside to smoke a cigarette and I was mid-convo with a really hot guy that had also gone to school with us when Karim decides to cockblock. He was awkward and he was bitter and he was just Karim...a person that I have truly come to dislike. Mika (the hot guy that I was talking to) sensed the awkwardness and the tension that Karim brought with him so he just went back inside. I've said all this to point out how awkward and, at times, socially inept Karim is. This brings me to my most important point of all. He was being a huge creeper one day and going through my Facebook list of friends. He decided that he was going to friend my girl Bianca, they've never met. I repeat, they have never met or seen each other a day in their lives. She saw that he and I were FB friends so she called me and told me what he had done. He friend requested her with a message that said "I see you liked I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. Have you read Assholes Finish First? If not, I have a copy that you can borrow". 
Now, am I overreacting by thinking that that is creepy and totally out of line? Bianca thought so too so she changed her privacy settings so that non-friends couldn't see her info (which should have been done in the first place). She blocked him and asked me to call him to let him know that that was not alright. I called him and I will admit that I wasn't very nice about the whole situation. Bianca and I both felt that he had crossed the line and he needed to know that. For someone that spends most of his waking hours behind a computer screen, I would have assumed that he had more computer etiquette...silly me for assuming. He had no clue what he had done wrong, he seriously had no idea. He friend-requested a girl that he didn't know with the premise of letting her borrow one of his books. CREEPER. Am I wrong? Please tell me if I am because I will apologize to him. A few hours after I got off the phone with him, he sent me this string of uber-girlie texts saying that I was too much stress on his life and he doesn't need that right now. He first got in touch with me because he was in need of a friend but trying to be my friend had proven to be far too draining than he had anticipated. He said Bianca probably had to check in with me because he broke our Facebook link (who the fuck says that?!). Right now, he needs to be with people that make him happy and don't add stress to his life. After I stopped laughing at how girlie that shit was, I realized that he was breaking up with me and we weren't even together. I didn't hurt or anything, it was actually kind of funny. Does anyone think his actions are creepy or is it just me? Am I overreacting?

3) There was something else that I wanted to talk about but I don't really remember. Epic failure. Either way, has anyone ever seen American Psycho? If so, good because you'll understand this reference. Patrick Bateman just walked into Starbucks and sat down at a table across from me. He keeps looking at me, he even has an old-school briefcase just like him. Awkward!!

Later, sexy bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment