7.01.2011

Gotta get down on Friday

I don't know whose idea of a sick joke it was to play that stupid Rebecca Black song on the radio this morning. Of course it was playing at the exact time that my alarm went off. I was in one of those sleeps where you hear your alarm going off but you're not quite sure what it is. I had to actually listen to the sound for it to register and then I realized what was playing. I promptly yanked the plug out the wall, got back in the bed, put the pillow over my head and started rocking back and forth while singing "Party Rock Anthem". I'm kinda dramatic sometimes but I didn't actually start rocking back and forth like a looney. If you haven't heard that song, feel free to listen to it here:


What's going on with music these days?! Someone posted a Youtube video of some chick rapping and carrying on. The song is catchy but it's stupid. See below...


Her name is Kreayshawn. I'm sorry, what's your name?! I was reading her little blurb under her Youtube video, which was directed by Fuck Zentil and produced by Strange Armand. Really?! The following video is also a gem, you get to learn more about why hip-hop fans should care about some white chick from Oakland...


She compares her crew, her team of bitches if you will, to Bratz dolls. No, seriously, she really does. She then proceeds to talk about how she fucks with Shakespeare. I'm sorry, I can't even be serious about this post anymore. Kreayshawn, we understand that you're a bad ass bitch and that you won't hesitate to fuck another bitch up. I'm not going to lie, I like your style and your "don't-give-a-fuck" attitude, it's just not for me. I respect what you're doing and what not, I just wish that you wouldn't sing a song that gets stuck in my head because it's stupidly catchy. Her Tumblr, words cannot describe it. You just need to experience it for yourself. Seriously, what's going on with music today?! That made me think that today is the 1st of the month. You know what that means, rent is due and it's time for some Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Haha...one of my friends posted the Bone Thugs video to their Facebook today. And now I see the video on here. Never heard of it before in my life and suddenly I see it twice. This can only mean one thing: I must listen to it now.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to have "Friday" stuck in my head until next Friday. That song makes me want to tear my ears off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Kreayshawn thing is cracking me up lol Gotta look at the Tumblr next...


    oh, and I gave you an award, miss! Check it out: http://carrymel.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-dont-know-what-to-say.html

    ReplyDelete