4.25.2011

Ramblings of the day

I don't really have much to say today other than the fact that I absolutely loved the weather (if you live in the DC area, you know exactly what I'm talking about) on this otherwise lame Monday. Thank you Mother Nature for allowing the sun to shine oh-so-bright through my office window, I sincerely appreciate it.

My dad, also known as Big Poppa, reminded me that I had told him that I would go to this black tie event with him on Thursday night. He also told me that the theme for the evening was "Black tie & tennis shoes". Excuse me? He repeated himself because I thought I hadn't heard him. Black tie and tennis shoes. What?! Is this a serious thing or are you playing a joke on me? This is not a funny joke for Mackenzie!! He was serious. I really do love the theme because I'll admit that I have some pretty sweet kicks but I wasn't quite sure how he was going to dress for said event. He told me that he has white Reebok tennis shoes that he's going to wear with his tux. Let me repeat that: white Rebook tennis shoes (a la geriatric style!) with his black tux. No, not happening. I'm sorry but I refuse to let my dad walk out the house wearing those shoes with that tux. It's a very nice tux and he looks very nice it in. I just want him to wear something a little more fashion forward. Maybe something like this...

The shoes has a black back so they would match his black tux just fine! 


I know you turn 62 this year but please don't start wearing old man shoes yet! He could dress like this and I would totally be down...

If you don't know what movie this is form, please educate yourself ...you're missing out
If I do actually go to this shindig with Big Poppa, I'm definitely wearing my sweet kicks...

As soon as I saw these, it was love at first sight. They're my version of yellow rain boots on a rainy day.

For anyone who grew up in the 90s, you might remember a show called All That. It was on Nickelodeon for a long time. They didn't always have musical guests on the show but once they started that, I thought it was the best thing ever. Well, iTunes wanted to take me back to those very days when I was 9 years old. On a very fateful afternoon in 1996, I heard this song for the first time and I think that was when I fell in love with music...

For some reason, I'm not able to upload it so check it out, yo! It's much better pre-recorded but either way, it's a good song. Enjoy.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to attempt to get my nerd on while doing homework.

Later you sexy bitches!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so some random comments:

    (1) I think you and your dad have an adorable relationship. I wish I could say the same for me. Unfortunately my father isn't exactly the mushy type. :D

    (2) Those are indeed nice footwear.

    (3) I LOVED ALL THAT! I liked the original cast more than the later ones but over all the entire series was awesome. I wish they'd create something like that again. Today's generation is missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! My dad and I are really close. If guys I date don't get along with my family or my dad, they've got to go because I would never put anyone in front of them. I'm sure that you can find episodes of all the good old shows online. I came across Saved by the Bell this morning while I was flipping through the channels, it made my day a little better.

    ReplyDelete